Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) methods are revolutionizing genomic and functional-genomics research. However, the manipulation and interpretation of the huge amounts of data produced present significant computational challenges.
To provide an overview of current ultra-high throughput sequencing platforms and introduce NGS data analysis strategies for genomic sequencing, transcriptome analysis ChIP-Seq and other applications, we have organized a workshop with practical sessions.
Topics will include:
- Next Generation Sequencing platforms (Roche 454, Illumina Solexa, ABI SOLiD)
- Strategies for mapping NGS reads to reference sequences
- Genome re-sequencing and assembly, SNP discovery
- Clustering of reads from expressed sequences (peak finding)
- Integration of gene expression data and genome annotation
- Estimation of gene expression levels and profiles
- Analysis of splicing and alternative splicing
- Small RNA discovery and characterization
- Analysis of genome methylation
- Chip-seq data analysis
The workshop will include seminars to illustrate the theoretical basis of the computational approaches and analysis workflows based on real examples.
Practical sessions will follow, where the participants will use state-of-the art tools for real data analysis.